News and Announcements
For over 25 years, the Coaches vs. Cancer program, in collaboration with the National Association of Basketball Coaches, has united coaches and fans nationwide to help defeat a common enemy – cancer. With your passion and dedicated support, the impact has been felt in communities nationwide.
Through fundraising and education initiatives, the Coaches vs. Cancer program has supported the efforts to save lives from cancer in the US and worldwide. Whether you’re a coach, player, or fan –you can join in the fight against cancer.
For the third straight year, Havertown Hoops is offering a store in support of Coaches vs. Cancer. For every mask purchased, $5 will be contributed to Coaches vs. Cancer. The store will be open from February 1 – February 15. We appreciate your support.
The 11th & 12th Grade Boys (NBA) games scheduled for Monday, February 1 have been CANCELED.
PAGE CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Our 2nd-4th grade girls and our 2nd & 3rd grade boys will begin on Saturday, January 16 in a limited capacity. The boys will be split into two groups at 10am or 11am and the girls will be split into two groups at 12pm or 1pm. For the first few weeks, we will focus on skill development. You will receive more information next week with an exact schedule and what to expect on the first day.
The draft for all other age groups will take place on Saturday, January 16. Rosters will be sent the week of January 18. The schedule for these age groups are still TBD. We are aiming to start indoors at the CREC a couple weeks after the draft. However, if needed, we may decide to start the season outdoors.
Evaluations – FOR NEW PLAYERS ONLY:
In lieu of in-person evaluations, we are asking all NEW players in grades 4+ to complete this FORM: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSen5xd8Cz26uSC0IJnWJ99euFkbobGBQYSkpue7XyseMAx_oQ/viewform
Health and Safety Guidelines (see attached):
• Everyone will be required to wear their mask at all times
• We will take every player’s temperature before participation
• Spectators are not allowed – drop-off/pick-up policies will be sent next week
Havertown Hoops is tentatively scheduled to begin on January 16 and end in March. Registration for Havertown Hoops will be open on Monday, November 2.
We will have intramural leagues for boys currently in grades 2-12 and girls currently in grades 2-8. The projected schedule can be found at the bottom of this post.
Haverford Township is committed to the health and safety of all participants, staff, and their families. You can find the Health and Safety Guidelines in our document center which outlines the policies and procedures we will adopt. Those policies include:
- Temperature checks.
- Face coverings worn at all times.
- No spectators (games will be streamed live from Facebook and Instagram).
COACHES NEEDED - Teams will be coached by paid staff and/or parent volunteers. To volunteer to coach, please complete this form: https://script.google.com/macros/s/AKfycbw3iLfMcs-QHBFJOg5OD7Vn3BWqeAeyfkGWjEQS7-ELDgLnjnCH/exec
When you register, you will be put on a payment plan and won’t be charged until January 15. Space is limited.
- 2nd Grade Boys (Atlantic 10) – Saturday morning
- 3rd & 4th Grade Boys (AAC) – Saturday morning/early afternoon
- 2nd-4th Grade Girls (SEC) – Saturday early afternoon
- 5th & 6th Grade Boys (Big Ten) – Saturday late afternoon
- 5th & 6th Grade Girls (Big 12) – Saturday afternoon
- 7th & 8th Grade Boys (ACC) – Saturday late afternoon/early evening
- 7th & 8th Grade Girls (Big East) – Saturday early evening
- 9th & 10th Grade Boys (Pac-12) – Friday evening
- 11th & 12th Grade Boys (NBA) – Monday evening