News and Announcements
Our 2nd-4th grade girls and our 2nd & 3rd grade boys will begin on Saturday, January 16 in a limited capacity. The boys will be split into two groups at 10am or 11am and the girls will be split into two groups at 12pm or 1pm. For the first few weeks, we will focus on skill development. You will receive more information next week with an exact schedule and what to expect on the first day.
The draft for all other age groups will take place on Saturday, January 16. Rosters will be sent the week of January 18. The schedule for these age groups are still TBD. We are aiming to start indoors at the CREC a couple weeks after the draft. However, if needed, we may decide to start the season outdoors.
Evaluations – FOR NEW PLAYERS ONLY:
In lieu of in-person evaluations, we are asking all NEW players in grades 4+ to complete this FORM: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSen5xd8Cz26uSC0IJnWJ99euFkbobGBQYSkpue7XyseMAx_oQ/viewform
Health and Safety Guidelines (see attached):
• Everyone will be required to wear their mask at all times
• We will take every player’s temperature before participation
• Spectators are not allowed – drop-off/pick-up policies will be sent next week
Registration for the 5th annual Haverford Township Recreation Adult Co-Ed Softball League is now open through April 16.
- The season will begin the week of May 17 and finish in late July.
- All games will be Monday and Wednesday after 6:45pm.
- Games may be at Polo, Preston, Coopertown, Lynnewood, Haverford Reserve, or other locations
- Registration is open January 4-April 16 on our website.
- We have flexible payment plans so your payment won’t be due until April 17.
- We accept team registration only. The cost per team is $900 and we recommend finding a sponsor.
- Use this link to register: https://anc.apm.activecommunities.com/haverfordtwprec/activity/search/detail/8272?onlineSiteId=0&from_original_cui=true&locale=en-US
- You will be required to submit a roster to Jesse Hart (email@example.com) with the following information for each player. A blank copy of the roster can be found on the Havertown Hoops website.
First and last name
Date of birth
- We will require every player to sign a waiver before participating.
- The rest of the guidelines will be posted prior to the season.
Havertown Hoops is tentatively scheduled to begin on January 16 and end in March. Registration for Havertown Hoops will be open on Monday, November 2.
We will have intramural leagues for boys currently in grades 2-12 and girls currently in grades 2-8. The projected schedule can be found at the bottom of this post.
Haverford Township is committed to the health and safety of all participants, staff, and their families. You can find the Health and Safety Guidelines in our document center which outlines the policies and procedures we will adopt. Those policies include:
- Temperature checks.
- Face coverings worn at all times.
- No spectators (games will be streamed live from Facebook and Instagram).
COACHES NEEDED - Teams will be coached by paid staff and/or parent volunteers. To volunteer to coach, please complete this form: https://script.google.com/macros/s/AKfycbw3iLfMcs-QHBFJOg5OD7Vn3BWqeAeyfkGWjEQS7-ELDgLnjnCH/exec
When you register, you will be put on a payment plan and won’t be charged until January 15. Space is limited.
- 2nd Grade Boys (Atlantic 10) – Saturday morning
- 3rd & 4th Grade Boys (AAC) – Saturday morning/early afternoon
- 2nd-4th Grade Girls (SEC) – Saturday early afternoon
- 5th & 6th Grade Boys (Big Ten) – Saturday late afternoon
- 5th & 6th Grade Girls (Big 12) – Saturday afternoon
- 7th & 8th Grade Boys (ACC) – Saturday late afternoon/early evening
- 7th & 8th Grade Girls (Big East) – Saturday early evening
- 9th & 10th Grade Boys (Pac-12) – Friday evening
- 11th & 12th Grade Boys (NBA) – Monday evening
The 2019/2020 co-champions of the ACC are the Cavaliers and the Fighting Irish. The Cavaliers are pictured here.