News and Announcements
Congratulations to the Red Raiders for defeating the Horned Frogs by a score of 22-12!
Havertown Hoops recognizes one volunteer coach from each age group every year that best represents Havertown Hoops with a $25 gift card to a local business. We look for coaches that know how to teach basketball in a positive manner and communicate effectively with their teams. Havertown Hoops’ coaches volunteer their time and we greatly appreciate their efforts – some of our coaches have two or even three different teams!!
Here is a look at our 2018/2019 award winners:
- 4th Grade Boys (A-10): Adam Fox
- 5th Grade Boys (AAC): Angela Panetta and Joe Ayers
- 6th Grade Boys (Big 10): Frank Cervellero
- 7th & 8th Grade Boys (ACC): Christine Shindler
- 9th & 10th Grade Boys (Pac 12): Bud Wright
- 11th & 12th Grade Boys (NBA): Erik Lindholm
- 5th & 6th Grade Girls (Big 12): Mike Seavey
Thank you to JD McGillicuddy’s, Sam Brick Oven Pizza, Sam’s Boardwalk Pizza, and Giant Supermarket for their generous donation.
Congratulations to Matt McFadden of the Warriors for winning the 2018-2019 NBA Sportsmanship Award!! Matt will take home a basketball and a Havertown Hoops hoodie complements of Farryn Electric. Matt received 712 votes to narrowly defeat Andrew McGinley.
We want to give a big thank you to all of the sponsors that supported our leagues this season!! Their support contributed to new equipment, coaching and player awards, and so much more.
Please consider supporting our sponsors the way they support Havertown Hoops.
Here is a list of all of our sponsors:
- Foote Orthodontics
- Faust Orthodontics
- DICK’S Sporting Goods
- Cruise Planners
- Tony Roni’s Havertown
- JD McGillicuddy’s
- Sam’s Boardwalk Pizza
- Sam’s Brick Oven Pizza
- Nolan Painting
- Farryn Electric
Congratulations to all of our sportsmanship award winners from grades 4-8!! Each coach nominated a player from their team for the award which was then voted on by players, parents, families, etc. The criteria for the winner included positive attitude, respect, and good attendance. Each award winner received a basketball and the overall winner from grades 4-8 will play for free next season.
Here is a look at the winners:
- 4th Grade Boys (A-10) – Joey Moore
- 5th Grade Boys (AAC) – Chase Taylor (overall winner)
- 6th Grade Boys (Big 10) – David Meloni
- 7th & 8th Grade Boys (ACC) – Kevin McNicholas
- 5th & 6th Grade Girls (Big 12) – Nyah Walter
Congratulations to the winners :)