News and Announcements
Winter basketball league for boys currently in grades 2-12 and girls in grades 2-8.
Registration for Havertown Hoops will be open 9/1-11/17. We accept individual registration only and space is limited. There’s a $10 discount if you register before 10/15. There’s also a $15 sibling discount. Fee includes team shirt. To register, follow this link: https://anc.apm.activecommunities.com/haverfordtwprec/activity/search?onlineSiteId=0&locale=en-US&activity_select_param=2&activity_category_ids=17&viewMode=list
Players will be evaluated and placed on teams. Mandatory evaluations will either be 11/20 or 11/21. Evaluation information will be emailed and posted on the website 1 week prior to the season. League play will begin in early December and finish in February/March.
COACHES NEEDED – Teams will be coached by parent volunteers. To volunteer to coach, please complete the form on the registration page.
Player requests – Havertown Hoops does not guarantee team/player requests under any circumstances. If you complete the request form bellow, we will try to accommodate as many of the requests as we can. Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfpOcncQvVkk7aP8BTZ_X4EBx3mjBAEMpo4JmbmTf156LBwdw/viewform
The Havertown Hoops winter league mandatory evaluation schedule can be found below. If you CAN’T make evaluations, please complete this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScV-2COOQCfvnFR-_tz2158bUB-QZatDtRIwSByKnkE7V9fjA/viewform?usp=sf_link
- 2nd-4th Grade Girls (SEC): Saturday, December 4 from 3:10-4pm at the CREC
- 5th & 6th Grade Girls (Big 12): Sunday, November 21 from 9:00-10:00am at the CREC
- 7th & 8th Grade Girls (Big East): Sunday, November 21 from 9:00-10:00am at the CREC
- 2nd-4th Grade Boys (A-10): Saturday, December 4 from 2:10-3pm at the CREC
- 4th Grade Boys (AAC): Saturday, November 20 from 2:15-3:15pm at the CREC
- 5th & 6th Grade Boys (Big Ten): Saturday, November 20 from 3:30-4:15pm OR 4:30-5:15pm at the CREC
- 7th & 8th Grade Boys (ACC): Sunday, November 21 from 10:15-11:00am OR 11:15am-12:00pm at the CREC
- 9th & 10th Grade Boys (Pac 12): Sunday, November 21 from 12:15-1:15pm at the CREC
- 11th & 12th Grade Boys (NBA): N/a
Projected schedule -
The projected GAME schedule for each age group can be found below. Players in grades 2-6 should expect to practice on a different day than their games, but the practice dates/times are TBD. The projected schedule displays the times at which your child could play. This is subject to change. We will release more scheduling information after evaluations.
- 2nd-4th Grade Girls (SEC): Saturday afternoons between 12-4pm
- 5th & 6th Grade Girls (Big 12): Sunday evenings from 4-7pm and/or Saturday afternoons from 2-6pm
- 7th & 8th Grade Girls (Big East): Sunday evenings from 4-7pm and/or Saturday afternoons from 2-6pm
- 2nd-4th Grade Boys (A-10): Saturday afternoons between 12-4pm
- 4th Grade Boys (AAC): Sunday evenings from 4-7pm and/or Saturday afternoons from 1-4pm
- 5th & 6th Grade Boys (Big Ten): Sunday evenings from 4-7pm and/or Saturday afternoons from 1-5pm
- 7th & 8th Grade Boys (ACC): Thursday nights from 7:30-9:30pm and/or Saturday afternoons from 12-3pm
- 9th & 10th Grade Boys (Pac 12): Monday and Wednesday nights from 8-9pm
- 11th & 12th Grade Boys (NBA): Monday and Wednesday nights from 9-10pm
Haverford Township is committed to the safety of all participants, staff, and their families. The health and safety guidelines are posted under the Media section of the website.
Check us out on Facebook (@ HavertownHoops) and Instagram (@ HavertownHoops).
Congratulations to the Sooners on winning the SEC championship! You rock, ladies!
Congratulations to the Cougars for winning the AAC championship! You guys did great!
Congratulations to the Hoosiers on winning the Big Ten championship! Nice!